27/09/2017
AutoRevista
Interview with James Verrier CEO of BorgWarner
“Europe is and will continue to be very important for us”
James R. Verrier, CEO of BorgWarner. James R. Verrier, CEO of BorgWarner.// FOTO: BorgWarner

Consulte la versión en español de esta entrevista

AR.- How would Borgwarner weigh up its participation in the Frankfurt Motor Show?
James R. Verrier.- It’s the first time that we have participated in the Frankfurt Motor Show and we are very pleased to have taken part. Personally, I had already visited the fair several times and it always seemed to me to be one of the best. It has been very positive in terms of contact with customers, potential investors. Of course, it is an excellent stage on which to showcase our technological capabilities, which strengthens the company’s brand image and reflects the work and effort of its staff.

AR.- Although in this case it was your first time, BorgWarner normally has presence at these types of events across the world, such as CES in Las Vegas, for example?
J.R.V.- We are more accustomed to carrying out individual presentations with each one of our customers. It is a practice that we have consolidated, so much so that we carry out one presentation a week somewhere in the world.

We design and manufacture to help our customers have the best and most efficient propulsion systems

AR.- In which of the technologies that are currently setting trends is BorgWarner focusing its efforts on the most?
J.R.V.- Our principal focus is propulsion. The approach is very simple: all the vehicles must move from point A to point B. The vehicle may be autonomous, connected or electric, but the only way that it moves in such a way is through a propulsion system. We are leaders in this field, which encompasses internal combustion, hybrid solutions and purely electric solutions. We design and manufacture to help our customers have the best and most efficient propulsion systems.

AR.- What kind of challenges do emission standards, both in Europe and in other parts of the world, pose to a company like BorgWarner?
J.R.V.- Our vision is and always has been to develop efficient and clean products from the point of view of energy consumption. Standards, requirements and demands from the perspective of the environment do not mean additional effort in terms of our activity, since we already work with that dynamic. For decades, BorgWarner has been working on the development of products focused on reducing fuel consumption and contaminating emissions in vehicles. It is something that forms a natural part of our DNA and our day-to-day work. We make sure to bring value to the development of safe, comfortable and, of course, clean driving vehicles.

45% of our income is generated in Europe. The remaining 55% is evenly divided between Asia and America, which translates into a really good overall balance

AR.- As a company from the United States, what is BorgWarner’s contribution in Europe?
J.R.V.- The good news is that we have a strong position in Europe. Our central headquarters are in the United States, but we are a completely global company. 45% of our income is generated in Europe. The remaining 55% is evenly divided between Asia and America, which translates into a really good overall balance. Europe is, therefore, very important for our company and will continue to be so in the future.

AR.- Is the company exploring new locations such as North Africa?
J.R.V.- One of the key factors of our strategy as a company consists on being very close to our customers, in all facets of engineering, design, sales, etc. We offer a very high level of technological engineering in different applications. We are not directly stationed in North Africa, but our customers in the region, such as Renault in Tangiers, are attended to well from other nearby locations.

AR.- When do you think the electric car will become fully established?
J.R.V.- We will continue to talk about a combination of different forms of propulsion, including the internal combustion engine, which will vary in different parts of the world, due to the different types of development in each region. In any case, we are as equally prepared for the forthcoming evolution of vehicles powered by both internal combustion engines and purely electric and hybrid vehicles.

Más noticias sobre BorgWarner
COMPARTIR
OPINE SOBRE ESTA NOTICIA
* Campos obligatorios
Auto-Revista.com le anima a comentar los artículos publicados al tiempo que le solicita hacerlo con ánimo constructivo y desde el sentido común, por lo que se reserva el derecho de no publicar los comentarios que considere inapropiados, que contengan insultos y/o difamaciones.
Actualidad
Un momento de la visita de Pere Aragonés a la factoría de Zona Franca.NMISA.
La factoría de Nissan Motor Ibérica (NMISA) en la Zona Franca de Barcelona cerró el ejercicio de 2018 con la producción...
Herbet Diess y Jim Hackett, consejeros delegados de Grupo Volkswagen y Ford, respectivamente.
Herbet Diess y Jim Hackett, consejeros delegados de Grupo Volkswagen y Ford, respectivamente.Ford y Grupo Volkswagen.
La cooperación existente entre Volkswagen y Ford en el ámbito de vehículos comerciales y pickups ha sido el punto de...
ASEPA organiza dos eventos relevantes en los primeros días del mes de febrero.AutoRevista.
La Asociación Española de Profesionales de la Automoción (ASEPA) organiza, el próximo 6 de febrero, su quinta Jornada...
La ministra de Industria sigue las explicaciones de Juan Antonio Muñoz Codina, director del Polo Ibérico de Groupe PSA, en presencia del presidente de Aragón, Javier Lambán.
La visita de la ministra de Industria, Comercio y Turismo, Reyes Maroto, a Aragón ha puesto de manifiesto la nueva...
Una operación de Industria 4.0 en la planta de Gimo.Sandvik Coromant.
El Foro Económico Mundial (WEC, en sus siglas en inglés) ha reconocido, recientemente, a la unidad de producción de...
En el repostaje, la pila de combustible ofrece una ventaja competitiva.
En el repostaje, la pila de combustible ofrece una ventaja competitiva.Linde Material Handling.
Linde Material Handling ha presentado su carretilla elevadora Roadster, con un concepto de alimentación energética con...
De izquierda a derecha: Maria Jesús Sánchez Naranjo (SAE), Óscar García Suárez (ETSII-UPM) y Carlos Fraile (Renault-Nissan Consulting).
Renault-Nissan Consulting, consultora de referencia de la Alianza Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi, han firmado...
Iván Ayala cubrirá la Zona Centro para ampliar la cuota de mercado de Yaskawa.Yaskawa Ibérica.
Yaskawa Ibérica ha incorporado recientemente a su equipo a Iván Ayala, ingeniero de Ventas, a través de quien podrá...
BASF es uno de los proveedores que se incorporó a Sernauto en 2018.BASF.
La Asociación Española Proveedores de Automoción (Sernauto) cerró el ejercicio 2018 con la incorporación de 26 nuevas...
Hexagon da un nuevo paso en la contribución a la mejora de procesos productivos.Hexagon MI.
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, uno de los mayores expertos globales en el desarrollo de tecnologías para...
LA REVISTA Y EL BOLETÍN A UN SOLO CLIC
Boletín
Lea gratis la revista y reciba toda la actualidad del sector a través de nuestro boletín.

Empresas destacadas
Síguenos en las redes sociales
Twitter
Facebook
LinkedIn
Esta web utiliza 'cookies' propias y de terceros para ofrecerte una mejor experiencia y servicio Más información
Versys Ediciones Técnicas © Copyright 2019 - auto-revista.com | Todos los derechos reservados | Aviso Legal | Política de privacidad | Política de Cookies | Mapa web